Monday, January 5, 2009

My Vintage Pearls

Today was my first day back at my day job after my vacation. When I came home I made my "milk jug light box" that I had read about in an Etsy forum. I have listed two items - both vintage faux pearl earrings. The earrings themselves are not vintage, but the pearls are. My great-grandmother, Isabell Blanchard (or Grandma B.) used to make beautiful, intricate, jewelry. I have a few of the pieces and treasure them. A few years ago, my grandmother (her daughter) gave me an ice cream bucket full of her unused beads. Recently, I have started using them in my jewelry. For Christmas, I made each of my sisters a bracelet and earring set with the pearls and their birthstones. I hope to do so for my nieces and other family members. It is kind of like handing down a little piece of our family that they can treasure for years and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment